CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS LIBRARY
The manuals are part of the Construction Managers’ Library – a set of books
related to the wide area of management in construction.
The books were created within the Leonardo da Vinci (LdV) projects No: PL/06/B/F/PP/174014; 2009- 1-PL1-LEO05-05016, 2011-1-PL1-LEO05-19888, and ERASMUS+ project No: 2015-1-PL01-KA202-016454, entitled: “COMMON LEARNING OUTCOME FOR EUROPEAN MANAGERS IN CONSTRUCTION, phases I, II, III and IV – CLOEMC)”. Warsaw University of Technology, Civil Engineering Faculty, Department of Construction Engineering and Management was the Promoter of the Projects.
The objective of this project was to create first, seven manuals conveying all the information necessary to develop civil engineering skills in the field of construction management. The manuals created for the purposes of the library are available in three languages: Polish, Spanish and English. The manuals may be used as didactic materials for students of postgraduate courses and regular studies in all three languages. Graduates from the courses will receive a certificate, which is recognized by all organisations – members of the AEEBC, association of construction managers from over a dozen European countries.
- M1: PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION
- M2: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION
- M3: PARTNERING IN CONSTRUCTION
- M4: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION ENTERPRISE
- M5: REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- M6: ECONOMY AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION
- M7: CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
The six manuals M8 to M13 complement the “Construction Managers’ Library” started with CLOEMC I. The scope of knowledge presented in the manuals is meant to be the basis for assessing the managerial qualifications of civil engineers by the Association of European Building Surveyors and Construction Experts for the purpose of the European engineering professional card – EngCard. Following manuals are part of the CLOEMC II project:
- M8: Risk Management
- M9: Process Management – Lean Construction
- M10: Computer Methods in Construction
- M11: PPP Projects in Construction
- M12: Value Management in Construction
- M13: Construction Projects – Good Practice
The manuals were prepared in four languages: Polish, Portuguese, German and English.
Within the third part of the project the following manuals were developed:
- M14: DUE-DILIGENCE IN CONSTRUCTION
- M15: MOTIVATION AND PSYCHOLOGY ASPECTS IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
- M16: PROFESSIONALISM AND ETHICS IN CONSTRUCTION
- M17: SUSTAINABILITY IN CONSTRUCTION
- M18: HEALTH AND SAFETY IN CONSTRUCTION
- M19: MANAGING BUILDING PATHOLOGY AND MAINTENANCE
The manuals were prepared in five languages: Polish, Portuguese, German, French and English.
Within the fourth part of the project the following manuals were developed:
- M20: REVITALISATION AND REFURBISHMENT IN CONSTRUCTION
- M21: BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING – BIM
- M22: OPTIMISATION OF CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- M23: DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION
- M24: MECHANICS OF MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES FOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS
- M25: CSR - CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN CONSTRUCTION
The manuals were prepared in three languages: Polish, German and English.